Seems like it's been forever since my last post. This is one tired mamma. Our entire family was hit with a terrible cold and it really has kept us down. I can't remember the last time that all seven of us were sick at once. Even the kids' Uncle, who is living with us at the moment, is sick. Yesterday my DH went to the doctor and all of his sinus cavities are infected. I'm going to the doctor this morning because I have ear pain that is really bothering me. My youngest is on an antibiotic for an ear infection. Two just finished up eye drops for pink eye, and two more have come up with it.
On my way to take the kids to school this morning there was a thick fog. I started praying "Lord, I feel like I'm in a thick fog right now. When will this fog lift?" Then this song started playing on the radio (Your Hands) and it was all I could do to not break down and cry. "Your hands that shape the world are holding me, they hold me still." Isn't that the truth.
God is holding me still. We're not out of the fog yet but I have a new hope knowing that we're in God's hands.
But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands;
-Psalm 31:14-15a
3 comments:
Oh no! We were hit with the cold this past 2 weeks...being passed from one to another. I'm the last one left with a little cough. It was foggy here today too. I hope all of you are better soon. Put a halt to working on the challenge, but even if it's not completed by 2/28, we'll still finish.Take it easy when you can.
Melissa,
Wonderful post today. Aren't you thankful for a God who helps us to be still while He holds us tight!
Praying you all feel better soon.
Love your blog look!
Beth
Just came across your blog through the "next blog" feature.
You have a very adorable family =)
I also really like your writing style. And the verse you posted in this post!
Glad to read that you are all almost back to normal -
Have a blessed week and stay safe in the palm of His hand,
Jocelyn
Post a Comment