"Today I read about a woman's calling to love her children. I am so excited about increasing our little family from three to four, and the chance to finally be a stay at home wife and mom, turning my full attention and love towards building a home sanctuary."
"It says in Proverbs 14:1 'The wise woman builds her house...'"
"I must admit, that I am a little scared. I have so much still to learn about being a mother! How will I teach my little ones to love Jesus? To pray? How will I learn to discipline them in love? Or teach them to respect their elders and authorities? Loving them comes naturally, but there is so much more to raising children. The more I read and pray, the more I realize how much there is to this magnificent calling from God! Oh how I need to pray more! Oh how I need to glean instruction from the woman that Titus 2:3-5 speaks of!"
"Proverbs 24:3-4 says 'By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.'"
"Lord, help me to obtain wisdom, understanding, and knowledge through You!"
Well, I am still praying ladies! And I am praying for all of you new mommies and mommies with pre-schoolers and newborns. I have been there. My first three babies were a year or less apart in age. I leaned heavily on scripture, prayer, and the love of family and friends as I grew into my roll of motherhood. Still do!
Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my favorite passages. I like the Amplified version:
"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths."
I am so thankful to be a mom. I am in a different season now, where my youngest of five is going to be three next week. I look back on my baby years with fond memories of rocking, snuggling and yes, late nights and moments of worry and discouragement.
Know that if you are in this place right now, I am praying for you. You are not alone. God is with you and He will "direct and make straight and plain your paths."
God bless you in your journey!
~Melissa~
11 comments:
Amen! Know that the Lord will continue to lead and guide you as you continue to seek Him first. Blessings on you and yours!
elissa, your journal entry really blessed me...because I can see the fruit of your prayers in your life today. I think your sentiments are echoed by thousands of women who want the Lord's strength and wisdom to fulfill the High Calling of being a mom.
Isn't it amazing how quickly you can move into a new season of motherhood? Those early years do seem long when you are in the midst of them, but suddenly they are gone. And then there are new challenges....
It is encouraging to see how God has had his hand in your journey, and you are blessing other moms with your experience.
Where did my "M" go...
These are wonderful verse. Thanks for sharing them with us newbies.
I saw Rachel Anne's comment, and was like "Who's elissa?" haha
Have a wonderful weekend.
Even though I love the baby years it's nice when they get a bit older. The Lord does continually bless us to be sure.
I is so amazing how we move throught the seasons of life. What a blessing that you have kept journals and can go back and see how you felt, prayed, etc. during those times! And how God has worked to mold you into who you are now! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Awesome Post! Looking back, it seems like such a blur the baby years. It is a reminder to pray and seek the Lord through all the seasons of mothering.
Great post for us old moms too :)
My oldest will be 14 in Jan. and I panic when I think how little time I have left with her. Then my youngest will be 2 in Dec. Sometimes I get all hung up on things like changing diapers, and I quickly remember how quickly it all goes by. I'm enjoying every diaper change and nose wipe! As busy as it is right now I know it will be but a blink of an eye before I know it!
Have a blessed weekend and Thanksgiving Melissa!
Have a Happy Birthday Melissa!
Well, a very Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful dinner on Friday! You must live in Colorado or something if you already have snow!
Thank you so much for this! Yes, I agree, the calling seems even bigger each day or even moment!! I'm so glad I am able to be home with Stevie. I want him to grow to be a bold man of God. Thanks for your encouragement and prayer for us new moms! Oh, I'm also awarding you because I like your blog and think others should read it too!
Post a Comment