Friday, November 13, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 11.13.09

Wow! Another week has flown by and it's Friday again. As much as I love coffee, tea has been my choice beverage this week. I have been sipping an herbal blend that is supposed to help my cold. Yep. I've gone through all the symptoms. Sore throat, headache, stuffy nose, cough. In spite of all that, I'm in pretty good mood. It's been a pretty good week here.





Sunday night we celebrated my little girl's 5th birthday. (Even though her birthday is actually on Veteran's Day.) We had friends and family over for dinner, presents, and of course, cake! My friend Andrea did the girls' nails and hair. She also brought a special crown that lit up and everything! Add a favorite princess dress and you've got one beautiful birthday girl! :)

***Company Girl Coffee, Part II***

Hot cider anyone? I had to step away earlier because I just couldn't sit at the computer any longer. My head was too foggy! It is snowing pretty hard outside now, and I just warmed up some apple cider on the stove for my kids after a playful snowball fight. I don't know if we're in for a long winter like last year or not, but the first snow of the year (actually, this is our second) is always the most fun. :)

I've been listening to the Lifeway Women's Ministry Leadership Forum that Rachel Anne invited us to off and on today. There has been some really great interviews! I really appreciated the one about Minister's wives, because I fall into that group. I've mentioned before that my husband is a Worship Pastor. He is that, and oh so much more! Recently, he programmed the services from this Sunday to Christmas. He wrote monologues, planned videos, and will even be giving one of the sermons next month. He wears many hats in our church, and I am so proud of him.

Well ladies, I'm going to go fill my tea-cup, grab a warm blanket, and kick up my feet on the couch with a good book. Have a great weekend everyone!

~Melissa~

6 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

I didn't get to listen to any of the leadership conference because my computer wasn't cooperating. I'm sure it was great! It is amazing to think of you having your second snow and it was about 70 degrees here today!

That warm apple cider sounds delicious! Happy belated Birthday to that sweet girl and have a lovely weekend!

L Harris said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Cheryl said...

It sounds so warm and cozy! Im' sorry you've not been feeling well. I pray you are at the end of your cold.

I loved the picture of your daughter in her princess dress. That is definitely the way to spend a birthday. May she have many more wonderful birthdays!

Rachel Anne said...

Perfect princess party...happy birthday to your princess!

I was only able to join in to Priscilla's message and the conversation afterward. She was awesome, as usual :) I wished I could have tuned in later but I just wasn't at the computer enough.

I chuckled at the "part II"...oh there are days like that! Most, I guess. The warm cider really does sound nice...I think I've had enough green tea to last me a lifetime. This cold/flu thing is starting to annoy me.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now. Wow! Your Hubby is ahead of the game. Norm is the PT interim contemporary service music director right now, and they just do it from week to week. He's giving the job another month to see if this is something he wants to do on a more-than-interim basis. Any suggestions or advice from your husband to mine? Thanks. And happy birthday again to your precious girl.

Unknown said...

Melissa I'm sorry your still sick! It's hard when mom is sick! I had some of what you've described this past week. I seem to be over the worst for now. Some of my kiddos are still fighting some nasty coughs. So all that to say, I'm praying you feel better soon. So glad you're taking the time to just relax.

Tea, snow and a good book. It just sounds perfect at your house! Minus the sick of course.

Sweet birthday pictures! You all do it up right!