Sunday, November 15, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory 11.15.09



For memory verse 22 I have chosen Colossians 2:6-7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

There are so many things that I love about this verse! I just had to include it in my memory verses for the year. Let me break it down a bit.

Continue to LIVE in HIM
ROOTED and BUILT UP in HIM
STRENGTHENED in FAITH and
OVERFLOWING with THANKFULNESS

When I read the words "rooted and built up in Him," my thoughts immediately go to Psalm 1:1-3.
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Verse two is what this entire journey of memorizing scripture has been about for me this year. I have really grown to delight in God's Word! His promises are unending. By His Word I am strengthened in my faith, and my heart overflows with thankfulness.

As Psalm 130:5 says, "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."

No comments: