Perhaps I spoke too quickly when I said it snows here on or shortly after Halloween! This morning, October 29th, I woke up, grabbed my cup of coffee, and taking advantage of the quiet house set to reading my devotions. The first kid to wake up was my 2yr old. He crawled up on the couch with me and snuggled in. Then, out of his mouth with excitement came not the normal "good morning mama," but "snow mama!" I looked out the window and sure enough, it was snowing. It has changed to mixed snow and rain now, but I can't help wondering if this is a sign of things to come.
Here are a few verses that sprang to mind as I was lamenting the cold snow outside:
Psalm 51:7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
Isaiah 55:9-11
9"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Psalm 147:16 He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.
And perhaps the most appropriate for this season in my life as a wife, mother, and homemaker:
Proverbs 31:21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
2 comments:
Oh, I like your blog! Great post! Snow??? I can't imagine. I was just in flip flops last week?!
Have a blessed day.
Kim
Last week was HOT. And then it has been so chilly in the mornings this week. I actually won't be surprised if we got a little snow down this way this year. Love that last verse. hehe Have a wonderful weekend Melissa.
Post a Comment