1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"
There's that word "hope" again. I sure have been coming across it a lot lately. The greek word here is "elpis," pronounced "el-pece." It's origin is from the word "elpo," meaning "to anticipate, usually with pleasure." Another definition is "the expectation of good."
HOPE. We throw the word around casually in everyday conversation. "I hope you have a nice day." "I hope you feel better soon."
What I truly desire though, is that Hope shines through in my life. Christ is my Lord and my King, and the reason for my hope.
Now I've come full circle to Romans 5:1-2 and my post Cup of Hope, from last week.
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."
Rejoicing in my King,
~Melissa~
6 comments:
Rachel's post was really awesome. I am having to read it more than once to "get" all of it in! Your perspective is inspiring and thought provoking - thanks for sharing it!
I agree about the 'meat' of Rachel's post...a lot to take in, wasn't it.
Another verse that has my favorites...hope, peace, joy...and I've claimed it for my 'life verse' is Romans 15:13...May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Your post reminded me that we are never without hope, whatever we happen to feel on a given day. I appreciate your thoughtful words.
I have a very real hope that my three middle children will come back to following the Lord and looking to Him for their guidance. That's what hope means to me.
Your post is pretty meaty too!!! We must remember to never lose hope. Jesus is our Hope!
Praise God!
Kim
I have your page bookmarked so when I get up in the morning I can go read the other posts you mentioned. I appreciated your post very much. Thanks for visiting my page and for your kind words.
Blessings,
Jhona O.
Post a Comment