
Come on in, friends! Today I want to spotlight a friend of mine,
Andrea. She's another Company Girl that lives in my town and I lean on her in so many ways as one of my closest and dearest friends. We have a blog together where we share our thoughts, dreams, and even our day to day tasks. I love that I can depend on her whenever I need advice or even if I just need to talk something through. She not only inspires me but challenges me to be a better person in every way.
Let me tell you a few things I admire about Andrea...
She's a devoted wife. No matter what he may be going through, she supports her husband. She loves him not only with her actions, but with her words. She does her best not to speak harshly to him or about him.
She is a wonderful mom. Whenever I'm stumped, I call her up for advice. She's a great sounding board and often helps me look at my situation in a new light when it comes to my kids. She motivates me to try new projects and fun things with my kids. Just yesterday she was telling me about her "summer plan" that she was creating so her kids won't get bored this summer. :)
She strives to create a peaceful atmosphere in her home. It's not always spotless, but it's cared for. This week she started her Spring cleaning and that nudged me to get the ball rolling too! She is also creative with her decorations and furniture. She has never complained about the amount of space she has, or not having the things she wants. If she wants or needs something, she'll search for it on
Freecycle or Craig's list. She's so thrifty!
She's hard working. She took a job at her son's school to help with the household income. She also works childcare for a Bible study once a week. She's very aware of what their budget is and tries to help however she can. As I said before, she's very thrifty and hunts for the best bargains.
Did I mention creative? Check out her blog and what she accomplished over spring break! She knits and her things are beautiful! She made me a hat for my birthday that I almost wish I could wear during the summer, it's so nice! :) She even bought ME some knitting needles and yarn when I said I wanted to try to take up knitting. (It's a work in progress...)
Most of all, she's an incredible friend. I wish that I could say I've never let her down, but there have been moments where I just plain dropped the ball. She has always been so quick to forgive me when I come to her though. I love her for that. Her friendship means the world to me.
I am very pleased to spotlight Andrea this week and brag about her over coffee. She is such a positive influence in my life. If you that haven't met her yet, stop by her blog
Life With You sometime and say hello. :)You'll be glad you did!
Love you Andrea!
Have a great weekend all!
-Melissa
9 comments:
I love you, too, Mel! I'm in tears, you're too much (or I'm just overly emotion, you know with auntie here and all). Cheers & Blessings! A.
Aww - this is sweet! Sounds like the two of you are quite blessed with having found each other. Friendship is truly a gift from God.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!
What a sweet friend! You are very blessed to have someone in your life like Andrea! And I have a feeling she would say "right back atcha" for each thing you mentioned.
Had a little hiccup with my plans for the week...didn't go quite as planned, especially since I had to be out of the house so much.
Will keep trying next week...
What a great friend! I loved your story!
Have a great week!
How fun to have friend so close! It has been an incredible God week and I am just floored with all He has done (again!) How much easier to trust His goodness each time I allow Him to be in charge!
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, have I told you this week just how awed I am by all that you get done? How thrilled I am that you are in my world? Well I am! You are precious!
hugs!
sweetie
How blessed you are to have such a wonderful, loyal friend!
happy Mother's Day!
Frienship like you guys have is hard to come by! How blessed you are! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Melissa, what a sweet tribute to Andrea! I can't wait to meet her in person!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day weekend ~ with much love from Ft. Worth.
Great friendships are really hard to find. I'm sure she's just as blessed to have you in her life as well. That's so nice of you to "share" her with us. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment