Monday, May 11, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Rainy Days and Mondays sung by Karen Carpenter is an old favorite of mine.

What is it about a Monday that makes it so hard to get moving? Is it because I have to get my children back on morning routine after two days of sleeping in? Could it be that I have a hard time getting motivated after a relaxed weekend with the family? Maybe it's the anticipation of a long to-do list as I do most of my house cleaning on Mondays.

Actually, it's probably a combination of all these things. This morning though, I think it also has something to do with the fact that the weather took a turn for the worse. It was so nice yesterday for Mother's Day. Today the clouds have rolled in and the rain has taken over.

It's time to turn on a little upbeat music, get to work, and I'll be "Singin' in the Rain!" in no time! :)

What do you do to get motivated on days like these???

3 comments:

Beth Herring said...

It is a rainy Monday here in Louisiana too! And since I workin the insurance business and we had storms last night - it is a BUSY Monday full of claims and more claims.

Have a great week
Beth

Kerri said...

It's a rainy Monday here in Dallas/Ft Worth, too! Rachel and I celebrated Monday with a wonderful Starbucks drink, oatmeal and vanilla bean mini scones! SUCH a fun visit...I'll share when I get home and we have coffee together!

Cheryl said...

I'm with you - I put on some uplifting music, and it almost always gets me going! Have a great week!