Tuesday, May 12, 2009

10 Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday
Today I woke up late, after a night of tossing and turning. Apparently my son BC didn't sleep much better than me because when I went in to wake him up for school, he informed me that he was up at 3:30am throwing up. I sighed, kissed him on the forehead and said "I'll go call in your absence to the school." Even with a tough start to my day, there's always something to be thankful for. Here are my 10 things for the day.
  1. Even though my son is home sick today, he seems to be feeling better. Tired, but better.
  2. Bible study is coming to a conclusion today. Although I am sad about that, I am thankful for all that I have learned during this session. We are having a "feast" together this evening to conclude our time together.
  3. I'm so thankful for a fun Mother's Day weekend. There was homemade cards, homemade icecream, lots of laughter and plenty of love!
  4. I'm thankful for our back yard project. It's only in the beginning stages now so it looks like a mess. It will be a huge improvement when it's done though. In the mean time, the kids are having a blast helping with the work!
  5. I am thankful for the people in our lives that are willing to help us with the above project. It makes our job a lot easier and affordable.
  6. I'm thankful for the scent that the lilac bushes are giving off in the breeze. Such a sweet fragrance!
  7. I am thankful that the client I mentioned last week put an offer on a house and it was accepted! Praise God for the extra income!
  8. I give thanks every time I think about God's grace for me. His grace is sufficient for me, His power is made perfect in my weakness. 2 Cor. 12:9
  9. The virtue of the month for Kid's Inc. is Obedience. I'm thankful for the opportunity not just to teach my kids about the importance of obedience, but to practice this virtue myself. I've already learned that just as obeying God comes with trust, my kids will obey me as they learn to trust me. What a valuable lesson!
  10. I am thankful for the mystery revealed, which is Christ in me, the hope of glory! Col. 1:27
Stop by and see what others are thankful for at 10 Things Tuesday, and link up your own list.
Have a great day!
-Melissa

4 comments:

Nieman Family said...

I love the smell of lilacs...I haven't smelled any this season yet. :( I'm happy XBOX is back at it too.

samantha said...

I'm glad that you had a nice Mothers Day. I posted about my Mothers Day on my blog. I'm glad that your son is feeling better. What are you doing in your back yard?

Kerri said...

Good morning! Love your thankful list. I haven't looked at my lilacs since I've returned home. I'll have to head out back to see how they're coming along. I love the smell of lilacs.

Can't wait to see your backyard project! I have yet to post the picture of Rachel and I because....soooo sad....my camera disappeared between Seattle and Spokane. I am major bummed! We've got a call into the airport police in Seattle to see if it showed up in the Lost and Found. I already called Alaska here at our airport...nothing there. Please pray that it gets found! HUNDREDS of pictures on the memory card. sigh.

Also, I'm teaching this morning at a new school. Pray for peace and wisdom all day long!

Hope your kiddo feels better! :)

hugs to you

emegren said...

Great list Melissa! My ladies group is finishing our study tomorrow and I'm sad, too. We did A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. WOW! It was awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog!