Friday, April 24, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 4.24.09



This week at Home Sanctuary we were challenged to try a new recipe. Usually I jump at the chance, but I already had my menu set for the week, groceries bought and all! So I decided to take something on my menu and try a new version of it. That's a sneaky way to get my points, but it's still new to me. The great part is that if it works out, I've just found an easier, less messy way to cook my meatballs...in the crock pot! I love my crock pot. Any meal that I can start in the morning and have very little to no fuss at night is just perfect in my book! :)

Meatball Hero Sandwiches:
Makes 4 Servings * 10 Minutes Prep Time
1 lb lean ground beef (I am using seasoned ground turkey)
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 jar Ragu
4 Italian rolls (6inch) halved lengthwise
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4oz)

1. Combine ground beef, egg and bread crumbs in medium bowl. Shape mixture into 12 meatballs.

2. Arrange meatballs in crock pot. Pour pasta sauce over meatballs.

3. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or on HIGH 4-6 hours or until meatballs are done. Serve meatballs and sauce in rolls, topped with cheese.

Voila! No-fuss Meatball Hero Sandwiches. Yum!

Have a great weekend all! I look forward to meeting with you for coffee! :)

11 comments:

Dani said...

Yum...that sounds good. I love a good sub, and I love recipes that use crockpots. I made Watermelon and Jicama Salad. It was pretty tasty, too.

Cheryl said...

Not "sneaky" but very innovative! Kudos - and looks terrific. One of my kids LOVES meatball sandwiches - she would be thrilled by this meal. Have a great weekend! Making a snowman? Hmm!

Camille said...

I love my crock pot. Such an easy way to get dinner fixed without a lot of work on my part.

Reese said...

Sounds good! Yum!
Have a wonderful week!

Rachel Anne said...

I love my crockpot too! But I have never done meatballs in it...this sounds like a great recipe to try. I should pull out my fix-it-and-forget-it cookbook again and come up with some more interesting things than the "usual" fare.

I tried a grilled fish recipe...actually I sorta made it up after surfing the web and figuring out I probably couldn't mess it up. It was easy and quick. I'd bought a 2 for 1 package(s) of frozen tilapia, which I've never made. Delish!

I'm finally back in my "office" after a year or so of being pushed out by all the junk that seemed to collect in there. since my area is out of the way, it's always the first to get filled with the things we don't know what to do with.

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

We have recently been making our own meatballs too, and I have to say they are so much better than the store bought kind. We just bake ours, but we're looking for slow cook recipes too. Thanks!

secondofwett said...

I did a slowcooker meal this week with stewing beef and a sauce that I ususally make for steak....turned out great and my family loved it....I love doing slowcooker cause I can get it ready in the morning and then not have to make anything during the pit hour!

Mommahen said...

Isn't the slow cooker the best?! I have a friend who makes crock pot lasagna--it's so different from mine, but is still good (and less time consuming). I'm trying Crock Pot Beef and Pepper steak tomorrow after church. Let's see how it turns out. Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Aren't you clever! I am always so happy to find you! Your blog is so refreshing and pretty too! Thanks for sharing friendship with me!
hugs!
Sweetie

Sarah said...

Sounds good...I'll have to try this! Thanks for the comment on my blog. About fairness...the older kids do have more to do than the younger ones, but they don't yet compare. I try to eliminate all talk of "fairness" in my house, because it will never be fair! I'd go crazy trying to keep that up...I have a very low tolerance for "feeling sorry for yourself". I always say...it all works out in the end. It seems like the parents who try to promote fairness, end up with kids who keep track of EVERYTHING...even 20 years later. Know what I mean?
Hope that helped...love your blog, and keep in touch...we both have 5 and it's nice to know someone else who does!

L2L said...

oh this sounds good, copy and paste, thanks for the recipe!!!!