
It's Tuesday! Time for another 10 thankful list. :) This week I actually get to link up with the hostess of 10 Things Tuesday, XBOX WIFE. She's been having internet issues so when I saw her post today I was ever so happy! Without further delay, here's my list...
- It's been very nice here! Spring has finally arrived. We're supposed to get rain at the end of this week, but for now, I'm just thankful for the sunshine.
- I had a wonderful weekend with my mom, sister, and niece. We went to the park to watch my DH play softball, and let the kids play on the playground. It was a perfect day for a picnic! (Even if I did forget to bring my DH some lunch!)
- I am keeping on track with my food budget this month. A little planning can go a very long way!
- Yesterday I picked up a pair of prescription sunglasses that I thought had been lost forever. I ordered them 2 years ago (our insurance covered them after I had CD) and they said the order had been lost and they could submit the order again but I'd have to pay for them. Then I got a mystery call a little while ago saying I could come pick up my sunglasses that were paid for. Go figure! I sure am glad they found them...even if it took two years! :)
- I'm thankful that even though I haven't really had a lot of quiet time with Jesus lately, I can still feel Him by my side encouraging me.
- I'm tired today but I'm not grumpy. Actually, I'm in a rather cheerful mood. I'm thankful for the joy that God has put in my heart that goes beyond the amount of sleep I get at night!
- I am thankful that my laundry room light is finally fixed! The light on either end of the laundry room was working, but the one right over my washer dryer was not. Now I can treat stains without having to move to the other end of the room!
- I'm thankful for time that even though my house isn't perfect and I don't have the most glamorous furniture (like this couch), I am blessed with a home large enough for our needs and we don't have to sit or sleep on the floor!
- I'm thankful for large, open windows that let the sunshine in when I can't be outside because I have work to do inside.
- I am thankful that although there is work to be done this morning, I will be able to play with my kids in the sun this afternoon!
Now, I'm off to chip away at the day's chores. Blessings to all of you! May your day be full of sunshine, even if the clouds bring on the rain! :)
-Melissa
2 comments:
I'm thankful that we got to have coffee today!!! Thanks for your words of wisdom on my humble pie situtation. I feel okay about it now, just hearing how other people walk through the same times of situtions.
Have a great rest of your week -- I teach Kindergarten the next two days!
I love reading your Thankful list, even if I'm a couple of days late. It reminds me to be thankful for some of the most basic things. Truly we are very blessed!
Post a Comment