"LR's doing?" I asked. "Yep," he answered, "and her little brother partner in crime."
Their Uncle was cleaning them up in the bathroom (because they drew on themselves too) when I heard him ask "LR, where's the green marker?" She must have tried to hide the evidence. Well, after a few minutes of giving her the third degree for four year olds, she confessed. It was behind the couch. What we discovered when we found it though, made my jaw drop.
There was marker on the window, the window sill, the CURTAINS, and the back of the couch. Since I wasn't there when it happened, I left the hard part to my DH. I cleaned up the mess (thank goodness for washable markers) while he doled out the punishment. You know it's a doozie when they march into the bedroom and the door closes behind them.
Bless their little hearts. I think they learned their lesson. Sometimes it's tough being a parent. But if you let them get away with coloring on the dog, then what else will they think they can get away with? Let's just leave that to the imagination.
What are some of the funniest "lessons" (or maybe they weren't so funny at the time) that you've experienced as a parent? Or perhaps from your own childhood? Please share! I've got my cup of coffee, and I am all ears.
Enjoy your weekend,
Melissa
10 comments:
LOVE the pictures. Yes, the dog is green today. Thanks for shaing.
Oh dear! Let's see - one of our funniest moments was when my twins were about 15 months old. I had sent all 4 kids out in the back to play and looked outside after just a few minutes. The twins had managed to open our tightly-clamped-shut can of fireplace ashes. They were having the best time... (ARrrgh....God, please protect their lungs!) Let's just say it took SEVERAL rinses before the bath water stopped turning gray. Another one was when my 2nd daughter decided it would be fun to play with the baby powder. She always played quietly, so I never thought much of the silence...she had decorated her room and herself with a good portion of a large baby powder container. Her room smelled great for weeks!
What? No pictures from behind the couch?? Oh well, the dog pics are hilarious! He looks great in green, really makes his eyes stand out. :)
Funny stories. How about the time my girls locked themselves in the bathroom and threatened a starvation strike in order to save the fate of our puppy, who had caused enough mayhem to make my husband ready to kill him? They were sobbing in there, sending notes under the door. Daddy had to relent or he never would have lived it down.
We've had plenty of artwork on the walls...one daughter in particular loved to write her name EVERYWHERE! The little lamp in her room still has "Megs" written in 7 year old handwriting on the shade...now she's in college and we love that lamp. She even scratched her name into woodwork, and used a sharpie on another occasion.
Thanks for the laugh!! I'm glad you shared it for coffee today...and I will still look forward to your tips, I'll bet you've got some good ones!
hehe Melody can't get the marker caps to open yet, but I'm not looking forward to that day. =p I think it's one of those things you look back at...hehehe I colored on my mom's new expensive purse when I was little. The wall was my art easel as well. oops
Loved your story...yes, I would recognize those children as family...just like any one of my four would have done!
hugs!
Sweetie
Oh, and it was so close to St. Patrick's Day. :) We've had quite a few of those "funny" lessons, and some have included markers as well. :)
Good thing for your hubby...I'd much rather clean that dole out the punishments. LOL
Oh no! It's great that you're able to laugh about it... and get the stains out! Max looks much too sweet to have dyed green hair, haha.
I think the funniest, yet most gross moment, came when my two oldest (then three and 18 months) were for unknown reasons playing in the toilet. Matthew had dunked his head in and gotten the top wet then was rubbing it in, and Mark was standing inside sloshing the water around. Thank God it was clean water. Then another time (the day before pre-school pics) Mark (then 4 1/2) shaved half of one of Matthew's (then 2) eyebrows off. Matthew sat smiling so big in those pcitures. He was oblivous. Like Rahcel Anne though, that is now one of my favorite pictures. Hope you have a quieter but just as happy week this week!
Oh I loved the "green" dog! What a cutie! One time my son and his friend (about 3 then) got into some paint (GREEN) and painted the inside of his closet, his sleeping bag, the bunk bed, and the carpet. Then they decided to wash up and turned the bathroom green too! My daughter had a mural of ballet bunnies standing by a fence on her wall and at the age of 3, she took a black sharpie and tried to add to the mural! It's STILL there and she's 8!!! Sharpie is hard to hide, even with paint!
Years ago we had a foster child who was very sneaky. One evening, while we were sitting around the supper table our wheaton terrier dog came and sat beside me....when I looked down at her I noticed a dark ring around both eyes.....you guessed it....I was not pleased! The little girl lost her marker priviledges for awhile....
Post a Comment