Friday, April 10, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 4.10

Welcome to my blog! Grab a cup of Company Girl Coffee and stay for a spell. I'm already on my second cup. I know it's only been two weeks since I met you for coffee, but it seems like ages. I could gab for hours about life, family, and all kinds of things! I'll try not to talk your ear off though. :) It is, after all, Good Friday and I know there are many preparations to be made for Easter Sunday.

Let me begin by asking you this: What are the first thoughts on your brain when you wake up in the morning? Do you immediately start to go over your to-do list for the day? Or perhaps you groan, because you are not a morning person. Do you hit the snooze button on the alarm, hoping for just a few minutes more shut-eye? Maybe you begin to recount the previous day's events, or think about your calendar and what's coming soon.

I have experienced all of these thoughts and more, but my favorite is when I wake up in the morning with a song, verse, or prayer on my heart. That's what happened this morning. Thus, the cheerful music to have coffee to today. :) I wish I could say that happened more often. It puts me in such a cheerful mood to start my day with thoughts of Jesus. When I begin my day focused on Him, I know that I can face just about anything that comes my way!

Now that I've given you something to ponder, let me catch you up a bit on life at our house these past couple of weeks.

Last week was Spring Break. We had a lot of sickies around here so we kept our plans to visit my in-laws, but laid low while we were there and just enjoyed the company. It was actually nice to be somewhere away from the snow for a few days. The highlight of that trip was that we took our 5 kiddos bowling for the first time! So much fun! (I won't tell you my embarrassing score!)

Before we left for our trip, I got to have real life coffee with another Company Girl here in Spokane! You probably read about it on her blog last week. Kerri is such a delight! I tried to post a picture, but I can't figure it out from my laptop. We actually went to the same church here in Spokane for I don't know how long, and never met. I loved visiting with her and hearing more about her life in person. :)

This week, it's been business as usual around here. The great thing is that Spring has finally decided to arrive. I have been so thankful for the nice weather. It really puts me in great spirits to look out the window and see the sunshine! It's motivated me to pick up the pace with my Spring cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning, I'm off to get some things done. As usual, I look forward to visiting with you throughout the weekend.

May your thoughts drift towards Him this weekend as we celebrate our Risen Lord!

Luke 24:6 "He is not here; He has risen! Remember how He told you while He was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified, and on the third day be raised again.'"

8 comments:

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Oh yay! I get to be first this week to tell you how special I think you are! I so wish we were closer, for I would hug your neck so hard! I am a morning person so my very first thoughts are about going to spend time with my Lord alone in my office....it is the most precious time I get each day...I asked God a few years ago to help me find time to love on Him alone and since then I wake up quite naturally most every day at 4:55 and go to spend our time together before everyone else wakes up!
Happy Easter my friend, and know I am praying for you daily!
much love,
Sweetie

Reese said...

Happy Easter!!!

secondofwett said...

The only time I wake up with many things on my mind is when a busy day is scheduled, other than that, I'm slow to wake up.

Mommahen said...

I am so glad youa re feeling better. You were certainly in my prayers last week. Seems like when mom's sick the whole house slows down.

I'm ready for spring. We live in West Texas and several days last week the wind was blowing. One day gusts were over 30 mph another we had gusts up to 60 mph. I don't want to complain too much but it's hard to be thankful for wind like that.

I'm not a morning person, so I need time to wake up. And while I am waking up I usually have to ask God to give me strength to deal with getting three boys ready for school every morning.

Praying your Easter day is filled with His joy.

Kerri said...

Your springtime look on your blog looks wonderful! How'd you do it? I need to get a little bit more adventurous with my blog!

Let's see: first thing I think of when I wake up -- can I move? I check out everything and am ecstatic that MS isn't capturing me this morning! Second thing, I think of the day's schedule and wonder if I should get up or if I can snuggle back down into the comforter. And after that, there's no time for thinking because the Beagle Boys come racing in and lick my face to death. It's a definite start to the day!!

We are going to try to come to your church tomorrow morning. I always love being in church on Easter Sunday!!!

Let's do coffee soon again -- I have lots of free time these next two weeks (empty teaching schedule, sadly!)

The Beckham 5 said...

Hey!
Not sure how to reply to your comment except to just leave a comment on your blog! :)
Anyway, the boys started with T-ball at about 5 years old. I think that is the youngest they can be-well, at least over here. Not sure about Spokane. When Brady was younger, he played in the Pony league in Spokane. It was a lot of fun and he learned a lot!
Happy Easter!!!
Love ya,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

It's usually the to-do list for the day that I wake up...not too nice, but that would be great to think about His greatness and love at the beginning of a hectic day. Bowling! I haven't been in a long time. I'm sure you all had fun.

Have a fantastic weekend.

L2L said...

I so have to wake up early as I have to get in the mood. Nothing like a couple of praise songs and scripture to get you focused for the day!!!! Happy Easter and I'm glad you are back for coffee, same time next week?!?!