Every month Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary gives us a verse to reflect on. This month's verse is Colossians 1:27. Today she asked us to meditate on it and share our thoughts. I have to say, it is a mystery to me how Christ, in me, could be the hope of glory. In ME. He uses me to shine His light, and His hope, into the world. What an amazing concept.Yesterday our Pastor spoke on how God uses us in these times, especially during this season, to reach out to others and give them hope. Money is tight right now, and for many, like our family, Christmas is going to be way scaled back this year. But there is something far more eternal to look forward to this Christmas than anything money can buy. What I am referring to, are "the glorious riches" in Christ. "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Cor. 5:21)
What does Colossians 1:27 mean to me? It means that Christ dwells in my heart and His hope wells up in me to spill out into others' lives. His is a love so amazing that I can't help but share the riches of it with others. He is my hope eternal, my righteousness, and my King forever. He is my everything.
The song below expresses exactly how I feel about Christ in me, the hope of Glory. Enjoy the music and have a great week! You'll want to pause my playlist first. Just scroll down to the bottom of my blog.
Melissa
2 comments:
Ahh, this really blessed me. Great song, and great thoughts. Maybe it's the "way scaled back" nature of our own Christmas that has had me focused on the riches of His glory, too. I'm thankful, er, REMINDING MYSELF to be thankful, in the midst of our tough season. God has His purposes.
I loved getting to read about your kids in your previous post. They are all so different! What a fun household, always something going on, huh?? I'll have to try knocking to get attention - so sweet!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am trying not to beat myself up...slowly getting over it. And yes, I have a new blog. I was afraid the people in my Sunday School class would wonder what in the world was going on when I posted about the small things. So, I made a family website instead. :)
Post a Comment