It's been almost two weeks since I took time to sit down and write. Life gets busy that way sometimes. One of those weeks was Spring break, which was wonderful. Despite the unwelcomed snow, we had a good time. There was one sunny day that we took the kids to the park to play and they loved it. We bundled them up because it was still pretty cold outside. It was my youngest son's first time on the swings. He laughed and laughed and kicked his little legs as his dad pushed him.
Part of me is sad that there are going to be a lot of last "firsts" to come. I have really been sentimental about watching my last born transition from a baby to a toddler. They grow up so fast! My third child will be going into kindergarten next fall. What I am realizing is that I need to cherish these times with them while they are small and not take them for granted. I also get excited with each new stage that they enter and pray for the grace and wisdom to walk through it with them. Parenting requires such adaptability!
There is a popular song on the radio right now that makes even my husband cry when he listens to it. It's the new Steven Curtis Chapman song "Cinderella" Some of the lyrics are "Oh I will dance with Cinderella I don't want to miss even one song 'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone. ..." Our first born is a girl. She has melted my husband's heart and will always be her daddy's little girl.
Yes, children grow up. That's why it's so important to enjoy every moment with them while they are small. Call me a sentimental fool, but this is one mom that will be hanging on to these days with all my heart! Because one day, with God's strength and blessing, I will have to let go. But not too soon...
"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3 NLT
2 comments:
I never regret cherishing the precious moments. It's wonderful and sad and beautiful and exciting...good for you!
There's another song, "You're Gonna Miss This" a country song that gets me choked up.
Post a Comment