Sunday, April 27, 2008

Friendship in the Valleys

I have a lot of close friends that are going through difficult times right now. Often, the Lord will place their burdens on my heart so that I can carry them in prayer. I am certain that when I have gone through my own valleys, they have been faithful to carry me in prayer as well. True friendship is like that. Words needn't be exchanged. You can just sense that they need prayer.

This psalm is my prayer for my sisters in Christ this morning. It goes out to you with all my heart. May you lean on Jesus as you walk through the valleys, for He is there with you. And when it seems like you can't go any further, He will carry you. I love you and am praying for you always.

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

1 comment:

Andrea P. said...

Those of us who call you friend, are blessed.

Love you, Mel!