Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It All Works Out

"It will all work out." Now there's a statement that is both comforting, and sometimes hard to hear in the midst of life's difficulties. I, for one am a fixer. I want to know how it's all going to work out in the end. So I have a very hard time listening to someone say those few small words to me when I am having problems.

Eventually though, it does work out. That's how we grow and learn. I love to watch my 16 month old son as his little mind works. Today he was playing with a collapsible cup. It starts out flat, with a lid. He worked at it until he got the lid off. Then you pull at the rings inside until they stack, one on top of the other, to become a cup. He pulled, it fell. He pulled again. He continued to pull until it finally came together as a cup. The look of satisfaction on his face when he accomplished that one small task was priceless. He had learned something new. And he was proud.

Life is like that cup. You work and you pull and you problem solve until it finally comes together. Most of all, you don't give up. Why? Because "it will all work out in the end!"

Ephesians 1:11 "In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will..." (Bold emphasis mine.)

No comments: