I can't believe I'm on my 6th memory verse already! That means that we are almost 1/4 of the way through 2013! Although I am glad that Winter is melting into Spring, it certainly seems like the first three months of the year have gone by in a heartbeat.
I know I didn't post my verse at the beginning of this month. I haven't spent much time on the computer at all, really. When my laptop broke down last month I was a little sad but it has been a real eye opener to me about how wise I need to be about where I spend my time. I have been spending way less time on facebook or playing my favorite game of words with friends, and way more time focusing on my family and home. It has been a really busy month so far anyway, schedule wise. So I took Beth Moore's advise and chose two verses together to memorize and meditate on this month.
Psalm 92:1-2 say:
It is good to give thanks to the LORD
And to sing praises to Your Name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning
And Your faithfulness by night.
I can't tell you how many times I have looked at my note card and repeated these verses out loud already this month. Over and over the words resound in my heart. Give thanks. Sing Praise. Declare His lovingkindess and faithfulness.
I remember singing a simple praise song in church as a teen that goes like this:
I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice for He has made me glad...
The Psalmist goes on in Psalm 92:4 to say "For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands." Sometimes you just have to belt out a good praise song to the Lord and everything feels better! These days my favorite song to crank up the volume and sing along with is "Strangely Dim" Francesca Battistelli. The song is all about fixing our eyes on God so that everything else around us- all our doubts and worries- will fade away as we turn them over to Him.
Yes, He has made me glad. By all that He is, and all that He has done. By holding my hand on some days and carrying me through others. He is so good. And I will declare His lovingkindess in the morning and His faithfulness by night.
1 comment:
Although I'm still connected through my phone, I think I've cut back a lot on my online time and it's been great...pretty tricky when you serve on an online ministry though. :p
What great verses to memorize! I love memorizing Psalm. Right now I'm working on Psalm 71. They are great verses to meditate on. And the first big chunk I memorized when I started memorizing again 2 years ago was Psalm 143. It's great to go back and review them too. :)
Post a Comment