Saturday, March 2, 2013

A question from my phone

I took my daughter to a gi specialist this week.  She has been having problems with constipation most of her life.  I have two other kids that have similar problems.  So my main goal of this visit was to be sure we are still on track with the right treatment.  It was a good visit and I feel as if I am helping my children by educating them about good eating and bathroom habits.

However...I do need to change and add a few new healthy things to our diet.  Fruits and veggies are essential but so expensive.  My question to you is how do you feed your family healthy snacks and meals on a budget?  I need some fresh ideas!

Thanks for you input.  I appreciate it!
Melissa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...hubby does all the shopping around here, so I'm sure he has better input than me. Our girls love fruits and salads, so that's pretty much what we eat a lot of the time. I think they actually eat healthier than I do. I might have to take one of their yogurts for a snack later. :p It's not cheap, for sure, but buying seasonally helps. I guess thinking it of a future investment in your health makes a difference when you look at that receipt.

I like this website for healthy foods for kids...not sure if they have ideas on how/what to buy healthy. http://www.superhealthykids.com/

Sorry, not sure if that helps any...we have the Just for U account and we get stuff like free bananas, etc from time to time.

Let me know if you find out anymore. I know organic stuff is usually pricier as well.