Saturday, April 28, 2012

Full to the Measure

"For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace."   
-John 1:16

I love this verse!

Paul uses this same word "fullness," in Ephesians 3:14-19, when talking about the love of Christ. In both cases, the greek root word is pleroma - definition - fullness, fulfillment, completion (Strongs concordance 4138)

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Emphasis mine.)

Filled to the measure. What does that mean to you? To me, that means never empty. Christ's love never runs out. Out of His fullness we have all received. And there is more where that came from. Grace upon grace. We have eternal access to this power, this love, that strengthens us and fills us up on a daily basis.

That, my friend, is a love worth celebrating!

May you be strengthened out of His glorious riches today,
~Melissa

No comments: