Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Love that Matters

This is not a Valentine's post.  Not that I am anti-Valentine's Day...I have a Valentine that has loved me faithfully for 17 years now.  I even have a special Valentine to give to him, and one for each of my children.

But this post is about something bigger.  It's about a love that is deeper, wider, and higher than we can ever imagine.  This morning, as I was worshiping before the Lord, I felt a fresh wave of His love flow over me.  It was as if He was asking me somewhere in the depths of my heart, "Daughter, do you know how much I love you?"  I wondered at His question.  How could there be any doubt about how much He loves me?  Of course I know!  But then it came again..."Do you really know how much I love you?"

Perhaps after this morning I know a little bit more how great His love is for me.  That's why I wanted to post about my experience here.  Maybe one of you needs to hear today how deeply He loves you.  I pray with Paul that you will "know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God."  (Ephesians 3:19)

John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Now that's a love worth celebrating!


Blessings in Christ,
Melissa

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Congrats on winning the CD!

Rachel Anne said...

Amen, Sister!!