Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Praying Scripture

I love to read the Psalms.  Especially the ones written by David.  I pray them over my life.  I insert my name to make it more personal.  I don't think God minds.  In fact, I believe that God loves it when we pray the scriptures over our lives.   Here is just one example.

This morning I read Psalm 21:1-2
"O Lord, in Your strength the king will be glad,
And in Your salvation how greatly he will rejoice!
You have given him his heart's desire,
And You have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah."

This is how I pray it to fit me:
"O Lord, in Your strength your daughter will be glad, and in Your salvation how greatly I will rejoice!  You have given me my heart's desire, and You have not withheld the request of my lips."

Beth Moore has a book about praying Scripture called Praying God's Word.  It walks through the scripture, giving examples of prayers that fit just about every season of life.  There is so much power in God's Word.  So this girl is going to read it more, claim it boldly, and pray it over my life every chance I get!

Blessings,
Melissa

5 comments:

Katharine said...

Yes! I got that book for Christmas!
So good!

Joyce said...

Sounds like a great book. I love praying the Scriptures. I'm going through Psalms right now. Loving it!

Grr...I can't seem to be able to comment on blogger sites these days. Gonna use my google acct...

Kim said...

I do that too! I also read a book called "Praying the Scriptures For Your Children." Loved it!

Karen Whittal said...

That is so amazing, I decided to do read the full bible again this year, and am busy doing the Psalms........ what amazing inspiration and hope it gives us.

Heather said...

I LOVE your idea about inserting your own name :) I LOVE that...I'm going to do that starting tomorrow