Good morning! Winter has finally arrived!
It is 7:30am and my children are very pleased that they get to sleep in due to a two hour delay for school today. It's been an interesting weather week here. Yesterday the kids had a snow day due to freezing rain and snow. The roads were horrible so I'm glad that the school district has the common sense to take the day off. I'm still not sure if two hours will be enough for the roads to defrost a little but it is supposed to get up above freezing and stay there for a couple of days.
How I wish I would have taken a picture of my vehicle before I started chipping away at it yesterday. It was completely frozen over with a coating of ice. It looked like a shiny blue ice cycle with snow on top! I couldn't see how that was good for my van so I worked at the driver side door (for almost an hour) until it came loose. Then I started up the van and let it run while I worked on the rest of the icy windows. I never did get any of the other doors open, but at least I had peace of mind that the van had been run for a while. Of course, it's nice and frozen over again this morning!
It's not even really that cold here. It was in the teens last night but was twenty something most of yesterday. The kids even braved the weather yesterday for a while to help me shovel the walk. They thought it was funny to walk across the "crunchy" snow. Eventually, noses got cold enough that it was time to come in where it was warm. They did lots of reading, (LR likes to line up her stuffed animals and read to them) playing games, and even brought out some toys that hadn't been played with in a while to pass the time. All in all it was a great day.
Well, the troops are starting to stir so I'm going to get to work on breakfast!
Have a great (and hopefully warm, wherever you are) weekend!
~Melissa

6 comments:
Wow! Snow days! How fun! Be careful out there : )
Gotta love those snow days! We haven't had any this year...a big change from last year when we had one once a week, at least, for the whole month of January! Haven't seen much of the white stuff this year!
Hope you have a nice weekend and stay nice and warm.
So glad you didn't have to drive on those icy roads! I don't believe you when you say it wasn't that cold out, and you were talking about temps in the 20s! I live in Texas and am all about the WARM weather, like in the 70s! :D
We've had a mild winter here in the DC area so far this year. We've been hoping for a good snow day, but we may have to wait until Feb. We've even been in the 60's this month - crazy!
"It's not even really that cold here. It was in the teens last night but was twenty something most of yesterday."
It's all relative, right? =p It got to around high-30s last week and everyone was complaining. That's 'freezing' for us wussy Californians. Did you ever find out who shoveled your driveway the other day?
Blogger is still not allowing me to comment...need to use my google acct.
We've got snow, but no snow days yet! Ours keeps melting and re-appearing! Stay warm and have a great week!
Post a Comment