Five more Sundays. That's how many we have left at our church before my husband steps down from his job there. I have to be honest. I am a little sad. In the 16 years of our marriage there have only been three times that my husband has not served on a worship team, whether he was on staff, or not. I am going to miss that voice of his leading me and the rest of the congregation into worship every Sunday.Don't get me wrong. I am excited to begin our new adventure. And I trust that God will help us find the right church for our family to attend together. I am looking forward to worshiping by my husband's side for a season. I can't help but wonder if it's going to be difficult for him to allow someone else to lead him in worship. I'm sure that will be very different for him, to say the least.
Yes, things are going to be very different. We will be living in a smaller town, with family nearby, and a brand new business to build. We are official part owners of a building, that we will fill with merchandise and open doors sometime in April. I can't wait to see what God has planned for this new chapter in our lives.
Still, today, here and now, I am a little sad to think about leaving our old lives and our church behind. I don't think God minds. He knows my heart and I look to Him for comfort in the middle of change and uncertainty.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." -2 Corinthians 1:3-4
How has He comforted you recently? I'd love to hear.
Blessings,
~Melissa
11 comments:
Isn't it great we can take our tangled feelings to the Comforter? Anticipating great things for you all.
Oh Melissa...thank you for the comfort you pass on thru to me...it does help so knowing that others are praying. I will be praying for you as you leave the comfort and security of the known and venture out into the new!
I pray that God is already preparing for you a church where you will worship together. It is strange when Norm is not the one up there leading too. "Who's this dude next to me?" haha I look forward to hearing about how He is at work in your family.
I love hearing, a little more each week, about your new adventure. I have, on my bucket list, to have a small bakery or "sweets" shop one day...although now that I am trying to be a lot healthier, I may need to amend that one! Anyway, I know that God does have a plan for you and I cannot wait to see how he begins working in and through you all! Blessings.
I can't wait to hear about your new adventures. Sounds so exciting. Change is hard, and I think it's good for you to grieve, and to look forward with hope as well.
When my hubby moved away from the ministry I felt much the same as you are now - quite a mixed jumble of emotions. It was a blessing to us to be able to bring it to the Father together and lay all the uncertainty at His feet. I must say that after 15 years in the pulpit, it is a true joy to have him at my side in the pew these last 5 years. Sharing the Word, sharing the care of our children, and sharing the joy of worship without the stress. It took quite a while to find a church home where we were challenged, fed and welcomed, but God has faithfully blessed. I'll be praying for you as you enter a new season!
Seasons of life...they are hard to change, but then change comes and we find it's exactly what we need. I know you'll find it so. Blessings on your changes!
When our church closed two years ago,(a beautiful, wonderful ending) we began searching for a new place to be, and the change was difficult. We both left places of leadership to sit in a new place, and be lead by others. God was so faithful, and full of Grace.
I will be praying that He will go with you, and give you Peace!
Blessings!
I can't begin to tell you how much it has meant to have Scott here, and to have had the priveledge of serving with him. I don't know what you are feeling but will be honored to pray for you and your family as you begin your new journey. The verse you posted was so timely for me as well. Know you are loved and appreciated and will be missed.
Change is always an adventure. . .even if you end up in an unexpected place--ie your husband not part of the worship team. God leads in almighty unseen ways as my family has seen over the past few years. But His way of leading where we didn't think we wanted to go often has hidden blessings and comforts and yes, lessons too;-) Hope these next few weeks of planning and packing go well for you.
Happy Friday!
I'm sure it will be challenging for things to change for both of you, but I hope it turns out for the best.
Have a lovely weekend,
Jade
Post a Comment