
I've been thinking a lot this week about my Homekeeping Mission Statement for 2011. The first time I wrote one, was back in 2008, when I joined the Company Girl fun and dove into Small Things.
Back then, I had a one year old, a three year old, a four year old, a five year old, and a six year old! Needless to say, I needed that mission statement to keep me sane! Today, my children are a little older, and four out of five of them are in school. Though the wording has changed some, the main statement (in bold) has stuck with me.
HOMEKEEPING MISSION 2011
I want my home to be, peaceful, simple, and cozy. I will value my relationships with my husband and children by showing them unconditional love and acceptance. I will maintain a reasonable housekeeping schedule and designate chores to keep clutter at bay. I will decorate tastefully and affordably, creating a relaxing environment for my family and all who enter my home.
Do you recognize the three elements in the beginning? They may be different words, but they are still the same three legs of an old reliable stool. Peace, Order, and Beauty. You can find the origin of this story on Rachel Anne's Blog.
And now for my big announcement:
My family will be moving to a new location in June of 2011! We have the opportunity to begin a new business adventure in my husband's home town, where his parents still live. I will be blogging more about it in the future, but today I simply wanted to share the good news with you over coffee.
Over the next several months, I will be living out my Homekeeping Mission Statement while I pack, organize, and slim down our belongings. I'll be honest with you. Maintaining sanctuary in our home while preparing for the big move will be a challenge. Hopefully, with a little patience and a lot of prayer, this Company Girl will be able to keep peace, order, and beauty alive in the middle of it all. :)
May all of your homes be blessed in 2011!
~Melissa
14 comments:
Wow, what an exciting adventure! Maybe your kids could do some of the sorting-type chores to help get ready for the move. (BTW, I wish we lived closer to parents, but we are still in driving distance.) I wish you the best!
I like your mission statement! I need to write mine still, but I'm thinking along the same lines as you are. Can't wait to hear more about the upcoming move!
Congrats on the move! I can't wait to hear more about it. Here's to 2011 and new adventures.
Wow! I can't wait to hear more about it! I must admit to a little jealousy...I am so desiring to move on, do something different but God is just wanting to stay right here just now, I guess!
I wrote my mission the other day. I was so proud of it...posted it right on the Home Sanctuary comments...and it never showed up, of course I didn't save a copy of it! Now I must start over, UGH!
Have a great weekend...I'm adding you to my prayer list.
Wow! Big changes for you all! I need to write my mission statement... it may be something like "stay above water!" lol at my own joke... :)
Oooh - packing up and slimming down your belongings will be a challenge - but what a GREAT way to tackle your Homekeeping Mission Statement! Good for you - and what an exciting opportunity! Please keep us posted so we can follow your new journey!!!
Moving! Oh my goodness...I can't even imagine going thru that right now..but..it sure would be a good way to get rid of a lot of junk...ya, I know..I could still get rid of a lot..but...nothing is really driving me to do it...I am so NOT self disciplined!
Thanks for your encouraging words, Melissa. I'm looking forward to hearing how the coming months unfold. I believe that his grace will sustain you through it all.
I love your mission statement. And I do hope that you'll be able to maintain that thread through your move. That's very exciting and will bring its share of challenges, I'm sure. But if I know you, you'll do great.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I am terrible at remembering the location of verses...so memorizing the reference first seems like a great idea, thanks!!!!
I am so behind in everything, but am glad I stopped over to read your exciting news! I look forward to hearing more about it in the future. God bless as you make so many preparations for a move!
Hi Melissa! Thanks for stopping by Living Graciously and saying hello. It was nice to meet you :-). I know there is certainly some stress involved with a move, but how exciting to have a brand new palate to make a cozy, inviting, welcoming home. All the best!
I think you all ready have the ingredients for a smooth move, lots of prayer and organise, organise, organise.......... How exciting to have something like this to look forward to, what a way to start the year
Congratulations on your decision...I know this had been heavy on your mind & heart for a while.
Post a Comment