Happy New Year!
I am so excited to see what God will bring in the year 2011 for this family. We have some change coming around the bend...BIG change. It's wonderful and scary all at the same time but I know that God is in control. I will be sharing more here as the details of the plan unfold in the coming months.
I am also very happy to be participating once again in the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) at the Living Proof Live Blog. Twice a month I will be checking in to share my memory verse. That's 24 memory verses in 2011! There will be a special conference with Beth Moore in 2012 for those who participated. (See above link for details.)
Hebrews 4:12 says "For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
May the evidence of this truth shine through in my life in 2011 to my family and those surrounding me!
And with that thought, here's my first memory verse for 2011. It really ties in with a new year, and the new thing that God is doing with our family.
Isaiah 43:19
See I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
And streams in the wasteland.
May you be blessed in 2011!
~Melissa
3 comments:
That is so great!! I don't have the discipline to memorize large passage of Scripture like I used to, but I teach Melody a Bible verse a week and discuss with her what it is all about. So far she has 16 verses memorized! She has a crazy memory, so whenever we need to be reminded of something, we just tell her. =p
Happy new year!! I hear it's pretty cold up that way. Stay warm.
I am on board this year with the SSMT...I am excited because, while I typically memorize verses with my kids, I am using this to find verses just for ME! Can't wait to hear about all your big changes! Blessings!
What a blessing, and I love Isaiah 43:9
Post a Comment