Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Good Day

It began with some quiet time in the Word.
Kids were ready to leave for school on time.
Then it was off to Moms Inc. for some much needed fellowship.
Lunch with my boy.
An hour's worth of good hard housework while he napped.
Fun at the park with my youngest two while we waited for the older three to finish X-Country practice.
Snacks.
Homework.
Dinner.
Awesome family time making s'mores for dessert and watching stars in the back yard.Yes, it was a good day. But even on my bad days, I know the Lord is with me.

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. -Psalm 73:23

6 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Loved the cute pictures!

Just saw in the prior entry that you Dad passed away on Sept. 9th. The death of a parent is so tough but it given us an opportunity to allow the Lord to show His faithfulness to us. When my Mom passed away almost 2 years ago the Lord walked with me through some mighty difficult days. You will get through this and will learn so much in the process.

Abundant blessings to you!

Unknown said...

What an amazing day! I also loved the tribute you left for your dad. Grief is hard.

Anonymous said...

Great day! I do believe we have some graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. =) Have a wonderful weekend, Melissa.

secondofwett said...

Thanks for stopping by Melissa and especially for alerting me that I messed up putting the right address in for my blog...I went back and corrected it....thanks for the Bible verse reminder....I needed that. I posted why on Rachel's comment section for company girls.

One More Equals Four said...

Aren't we so blessed to have a God who is ALWAYS with us. Through good and bad, up and down...everything. He is so much more than we deserve! I am really learning that so much lately!

Sounds like some great family time...hope you get more of it this weekend! So glad to see you back here for Coffee Talk!

Kim said...

So glad to hear from you again....
Glad you had a good day. What a blessing! Your girlie girl looks just like you! So sweet!