Thursday, June 3, 2010

He will be Found

After a great worship night, I tucked the kids into bed, grabbed my computer, and began to search for a song that has been running through my head lately. I must have heard it on the radio because my husband (the Worship Pastor at our church) says we've never sang it church before. The song is "My Help Comes From the Lord," by The Museum. Great lyrics. Catchy tune. Here's the chorus:

Maker of heaven, giver of life
You are my strength, my song in the night
My refuge, my shelter, now and forever more
My help comes from the Lord.

Anyone who has read my blog before knows that I love a good worship song. Most of my playlist is made up of praise and worship songs that speak straight into my life. Tonight, my heart soared as I worshiped my God. It was as if there was only the two of us in the room and I was singing directly to Him. There's another worship song that has a refrain that goes "I don't wanna talk about You, like You're not in the room. Wanna look right at You, wanna sing right to You." Yes, His presence was thick in the sanctuary this evening. As I walked away, I didn't want to lose that feeling.

The great thing is, I don't have to! As long as I am seeking Him, He will be found.

Jeremiah 29:11-14a says:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you..." (Emphasis mine.)

Oh yes, He will be found. In the ordinary moments of my day. When I am preparing meals, He is there. When I am washing sticky fingerprints off the walls, He is there. He is found in the quiet moments that I steal away during the day and in the crazy loud laughter that comes with having five kids. I love that about God.

My 7 year old asked me on the way home tonight, "What did you do tonight mom?" To which I answered "I sang to God with all my heart, son."

Then my three year old asked, "Mommy, God was there?" And I said "Yes, son, God is everywhere."

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." -Psalm 105:4

Always singing, always seeking,
~Melissa~

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it. Jeremiah 29:11 keeps popping up in my life (books, blogs, etc.). I love that you continued it into 14.

Still praying and thinking about you. :)

CindyC said...

Thanks for sharing, Melissa. You are a true encouragement.

secondofwett said...

I am soooo glad that God is everywhere....what would we do without Him. Thanks for stopping by and for praying.

Aiming4Simple said...

Thanks for continuing to encourage and inspire us with your stories of what is real and true. I appreciated you stopping by and leaving a note today as well. It sounds like you are headed for a great summer of growth and memory making. Have a blessed weekend!

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet post and an awesome reminder that I don't have to be in a church, singing songs I know and love, to truly worship Him.

One More Equals Four said...

I love that scripture and I love that He wants to be found and even gives us little nuggets in His word that promises that to us for those times when we feel like we just can't find Him. How privileged to be loved by such an amazing God! Thanks for sharing!