Friday, May 28, 2010

Catching up over Company Girl Coffee

Hello friends...it's been a while. Not because I haven't wanted to sit down and blog. Mostly because I have been trying to be a little more frugal with my time. Every time I have sat down to blog this month I have asked myself the question "is there something better that I need to be doing with this time?" I use the word "better" because I don't believe that blogging is a waste of my time. It's just sometimes not the best use of my time.

That being said, why don't you grab your cup of whatever you're drinking today and we'll do a little catching up on things. I don't make any promises to stop by and visit everyone who's having coffee this weekend. All I can say is that I appreciate your company, and I'll do my best to make the rounds.

For those of you who may have been praying for my family member with cancer, my thanks go out to you. They had surgery to remove the tumor in their colon, and have been recovering from that. The doctors want to do chemotherapy, but can't begin the process until my family member gains back some weight and can walk on their own. We now know that the cancer has spread so it is stage IV. Your continued prayers are appreciated. We have a long road ahead of us. I did get to go and visit last month, and just knowing that I will see them in heaven, regardless of the outcome, is a comfort to me.

Here on the homefront we have been busy with all kinds of preparations for school year end. I can't believe I will have 4 out of 5 in school next year. LR goes to kindergarten roundup next week. She is so excited to start school. She has been practicing writing her name (first and last) and already knows all of the core words for kindergarten. She's even reading a little on her own now. She lost her third tooth this week. My baby girl is growing up.

Speaking of growing, this weekend we will be doing some moving around of furniture in the girls' room. LR has long since out-grown her toddler bed so we will be bringing up the twin long bed that matches her sister's from our spare bedroom tomorrow. Yesterday we went and picked out special sheets for her. I wanted to paint in their room too, but it's not in the budget right now. This is a great way to do some more cleaning and purging though, and it will definitely transform the room to look like new.

Only 2 more weeks left of school. We have two weeks of travel planned this summer. One in June, and one in July. The rest of our time will be spent here at home and around the town. Tell me...what are you doing with your kids this summer? I'd love to hear some ideas to keep busy.

Well, time to go! Gotta get those kiddos off to school. :) Thanks for stopping by and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

~Melissa~

6 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Good to hear from you. I have wondered how your family member was doing. I will continue to lift ya'll up.

Amazing how quickly our children grow...isn't it. I can remember wishing my childhood away and now I would give anything to slow down my children's!

We are doing some reviewing of facts this summer and lots of reading and if we get the pool open this weekend, we will spend LOTS of time there.

We didn't have a vacation planned but my grandfather passed away and wants his ashes spread across the desert where he used to ride horses. So in July, we are traveling home to Idaho to ride horses out to "the spot" and have a family memorial service for him.

Have a great memorial day weekend!

Unknown said...

God gave me an idea to use with my girls this summer and thought I'd share. I'm planning on doing a little girl's devotional book with them most mornings in our garden. Just a few minutes to take in the cooler air (the only time for that in Texas is in the early morning) and listen to God and learn about what He wants us to be.

Anonymous said...

Miss reading your posts, Melissa. We're trying to spend our time more wisely around here too...reinstated our "unplugged nights" and "date nights".

Said a prayer for your family member. I pray that the Lord will shower you with peace at this time as well.

Melody's been talking about school for awhile, so we'll see if we can get her in some classes...waiting for Emily to drop down to one nap...you know what I mean?

We don't plan to move the girls around into different rooms yet, but I need to be planning ahead so we don't have to do a big clean when the time comes. And for sure, we're painting too. One day....New sheets are always exciting!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

secondofwett said...

I pray that your fanmily member is given courage and strength and weight! to continue on with the therapy required. Thank you for your prayers for Bessie...
as for the summer, we usually just go camping but it's not 'real' camping...we have a trailer....enjoy the visit with your parents and grandparent...those times are very special..treasure them.

Beth Herring said...

Praying still my friend.

I love the pictures of you and your kiddos. You are so pretty and your little ones just beautiful!

Kim said...

Hi Melissa,
So glad to hear from you about your family going ons.
I am thankful that you were able to visit your family member.
Have a blessed week!