I thought I'd post an update on how my laundry room is coming along. I'm having so much fun with this challenge! If you don't know what I'm talking about, just scroll down to the next post and take a look at my before pictures.On Monday I started by just picking up any obvious trash that I could find. Not just trash, but broken toys and full coloring books and whatever else looked worn out and no longer able to be used. That filled up one bag.
Then yesterday I dug in and began to go through some of the containers on my shelves. I threw out any expired food in my pantry overstock and re-arranged the food in an orderly manner. In my household supply overstock I threw away any expired medicines and old lotions. I also went through all my cleaning supplies and took inventory of what I have and what I need.
Today I picked up any stray toys and returned them to their proper homes. I packed up a few files that we have to keep for another 5 years but won't need to get into unless we get audited and moved them to the garage. I sorted the dress-up box and tossed any torn, unusable items in it.
When my DH got home, I discussed the idea of separating the parts of the desk (which is a whole other mess) and just keeping the hutch up so that the kids would still have a place for their computer and playstation, but it would take up less space. He agreed.
Tomorrow I have a good friend that I trust coming over to help me take inventory of what I should keep, give away, sell, move, or just plain throw out. She's also going to help me come up with the best way to use the space with the furniture and storage containers that I already own. Yay!
Progress! I'm feeling better already. Well, that is, until I have to confront what's lurking under my stairs...but I'll save that for another post.
2 comments:
Yay!! Good for you! Things were slow here today because Melody has a runny nose and we haven't been out much...cabin fever...and I think Emily's starting to teethe so she was up for a bit the other night, which I am not used to. She pretty much sleeps close to 12 hours. And Melody's birthday is coming up next week...you know how things get...Anyway, isn't it great that all we needed was a challenge to get ourselves in gear to organize?!
Good for you Melissa! I need to organize my garage. I can't find the checkbook, and I think it's somewhere in the garage, but don't have a clue as to where. Everyday for 30 min. I am going to work in the garage. 30 minutes, because otherwise I'd feel so overwhelmed.
Post a Comment