Monday, August 3, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 8.1.09



I've been thinking a lot lately about God as my Rock. This image and verse were so generously provided by Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary last month. She had a wonderful devotion to go along with the verse.

Her thoughts struck me so deep that I decided to choose Isaiah 51:1 as my memory verse for the first half of August. As I commit this verse to memory, my focus and emphasis will be on these words "Look to the Rock..."

I'm sure it's no coincidence that Rachel Anne posted this verse right before I was praying about what verse to memorize this time around. God is showing me exactly what it means to me that He is "my Rock and my Fortress" (see 7.15 memory verse). I am glad that He uses others along the way to do so.

Thank you Rachel Anne, for sharing your heart!


1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

Reminds me of the song that has the words, ... I go to the Rock of my salvation, I go to the Rock.."

Great verses.

Mine are on my website as well.