I decided to go on an adventure with my kids this month across the state, without the company of their dad. The first big hurdle was the packing. We were going to be gone for 10 days, and packing for five kids and myself for 10 days was quite the feat! I ended up packing for about half that, because I knew I would have access to a washer/dryer where we were staying.
We headed out over the mountains and met my sister for lunch on the other side. Actually the kids were a lot better in the car than I expected. Most of our first day was spent driving and they did great. The best thing about that first day was that it was raining when we arrived. It was a welcome change to the severe heat we'd been having here.Originally we were supposed to come home on Wednesday, but I extended the trip an extra day so that a good friend of mine could follow me back over the mountains as a travel companion. This I was very grateful for, because traveling 8-9 hours with 5 kids by myself at this point sounded exhausting! We came back the scenic route and stopped by the river for lunch, which I successfully fell in and got drenched! Luckily, even though my camera got wet, the trip's pictures, and my camera were saved.

I arrived home a very tired mama! It was well worth it though. We will share many happy memories from it for years to come.
Well, that's our trip. I wish I could show you all 150 pictures that I took on the trip, but they won't fit here. If you happen to be one of my friends on facebook, you can see more there. :)
School started yesterday, but I'll leave that special post for a different day. You're probably running out of coffee by now!
It's good to be back to share coffee with you. Have a great weekend everyone!
~Melissa~
7 comments:
Awww! What a fun trip! I really like the picture of them sitting in the tree...that is a tree, right?
Wow, sounds like you had a great time! You are very brave to make that trip on your own! I did six hours with my four last year, but my MIL came with me to help out!
Your children will have some incredible memories from that trip, it looks like ya'll had a blast!
Sounds like a great trip! You are a brave woman taking on 5 kids like that! Mercy, I wouldn't have survived the first day. ;-)
So glad the camera (and you) survived the dip in the lake - my heart did a flip flop when I read that!
Thanks for the coffee!
Dawn
What a great adventure! I think you win the Brave Mama award for tackling that one by yourself! Getting back from a trip always takes me forever to unpack/wash/find things. I finally put my husband's things from his trip away because they would have sat there for another week....
Glad you're back! I missed you!
I love hearing about your trip....and thanks for the extra cup of coffee. Could you make another pot please? :) Can't wait til we can get together after Labor Day...I've missed you!
You are legendary to do such a big trip on your own with five kids! I'm wondering whether I should try a trip away with just two.
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Great pictures, so happy they survived the lake.
Post a Comment