Sunday, June 8, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Ahhhh....the banana bread is in the oven, and the kids are playing. That gives me a moment of peace and quiet, at least for now.

Peace and quiet doesn't happen very often around here. Unless of course, it's in the early hours of the morning when no one else is up yet! From the moment the kids wake up, to the moment the kids go to bed, the day is packed full of loud, crazy, fun times. So how do I cultivate moments of peace in our family? I schedule them!

I think it's important for everyone to have a little down time in their day. Even children. Since only two of my five kids take naps these days, I try to make nap time "quiet time" for my other three blessings. They can color, read, or even play quietly with toys if they want. Of course, it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes you have to allow for life's interruptions. But I'll save that for another post!

And now for that banana bread!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can SO relate to the business of small children...I have 4..would not have minded having 5 though :) Mine are 7,5,3,and 2. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!