Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I wanted to take a minute and talk about the dads in my life. First of all, there's the one that's been there since I was born. He is not a man of many words, but when he speaks to me across the miles into the telephone, I feel loved. He cares about his grandkids, and what's going on in our lives, and I love that about him. I sometimes wish that we lived closer, but I think that being across the mountains from each other makes our relationship special. I love you dad!

14 years ago, I was blessed with another type of dad in my life. My step-dad. He is gentle, and kind, and loves to hear how my family is doing. Since I was an adult when he walked into my life, I was pretty hard on him at first. But he was patient with me and earned my trust. He has done nothing but shown love to me, and I love him back. Thank you Hal. I am blessed to have you in my life. (Remind me to get a picture of you with my kids next time we see you!)

Around the same time that Hal came into my life, I got married. The third dad that has been a big part of my life is my father in law. I consider myself lucky! I love my in-laws! Doug is quiet, but funny. And wise. He is a great father to his children and his step children. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with him. I am so glad that he is a part of my life. Thank you Doug, for loving our family. We love you too!

I saved the best for last. Words can't express how much I love the father of my children. We have been married for almost 14 years now. For almost half of those years, he has been a father. He loves them in so many ways. He plays with them, teaches them, disciplines them, and encourages them. He is my pillar of strength, and makes me feel loved both as a mother, and his wife. Thank you for always being there by my side in this adventure called parenting. We all love you very much!

Daddy with his 1st born and forever baby girl!

Daddy and 2nd born (1st son), yawning together.

Daddy and 3rd born (2nd son) chillin' together.

Daddy with his two baby girls at the hospital.

Daddy with his last born. (3rd son) Whew! Having five kids really wears you out!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; -Psalm 127:4-5a

No comments: