Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday and "The End!"

Now I have to admit, I am a little behind on my posts so this is my second one today. This week we celebrated my middle son's 5th birthday. It was a big deal. He has been waiting to turn five all year! According to him, five year olds have all the fun. Apparently, something magical happens when you turn 5. It's like you grow up all of a sudden and get to do the things big kids do. On the morning of his birthday my son said to me "Mommy, since I'm five now, do I get to go to school today?" Oh how I hope he keeps his enthusiasm! Happy birthday BC!

Actually, for one month, I can say I have two five year olds. No, we didn't take on the youngest exchange student ever! Two of my boys are just 11months apart. JS will be turning six next month. People ask me everywhere we go if they are twins. Sometimes you would think they were since they like to cause double the trouble!

Tonight I had a good laugh at just the right moment though. BC was really trying my patience when he asked for more pasta for the thirteenth time when I looked him in the eye and said very slowly, hoping he would finally listen, "there is no more pasta!" And then JS chimed in "THE END!" He looked at me with those big brown eyes waiting for my response and I just cracked up laughing.

That was a teaching moment for me about what matters most. My response for the situation was the right choice. Sometimes a little laughter and a lot of love go a long way!

No comments: