Friday, August 23, 2013

Phone Photos and Company Girl Coffee

Well, I figure if Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary can take time to post with the week she had, so can I!  I haven't had any major crisis or life changing events this week, just been busy getting kids ready to go back to school and winding down the Summer.  Here are a few pictures from my phone to re-cap our week.  (Please excuse the quality, my phone camera isn't that great.)

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

This is a small section of my grapevines.  They span the entire length of my deck.  Though they are beautiful to look at, I learned this year that the more leaves you have, the less fruit they will produce.  Next year I will prune them as the Summer progresses.  I think that there might be a life lesson in there somewhere.  I'll save that post for another day.
My two youngest kiddos (CD 6, and LR 8) playing on a neighborhood playground that we stopped at while out for a bike ride the other day.
This is my oldest (12) taking a break when we went out for a run this week.  She's joining the 7th Grade Cross-Country Team this year. Although I haven't run in years, I am determined to help her train, and maybe get back in shape myself!
JS, who is going into Middle School (6th grade) this year!  I can hardly believe it.  Where has the time gone?
And that's BC hanging from the monkey bars...he'll be in 5th grade this year, only 11 months younger than his brother.
Some of the scenery from one of our runs this week.  I really do live in a beautiful valley. Too bad my camera can't capture the awesome details of it all.  The sheep, the vineyard, and the surrounding hills...just BREATHTAKING! 
  
On Wednesday, I had the unfortunate bad luck of hitting a stray S hook/belt (you know, that is supposed to hold stuff down in the back of a truck) on the highway.  I made it home before my tire went flat though and my husband, who is my hero, put the spare on so I could make it into town the next day to get it checked out.  Turns out we needed a new tire.  Thankfully, we were saving up for two new rear tires anyway.  This just sped up the purchase.  God always seems to provide for us right when we need it. 

1 comment:

Rachel Anne said...

Love the phone photos! so glad you shared them. Sorry about that flat tire - I hate car issues - but how good is it that you made it HOME before something dangerous happened. Sometimes just looking through the photos I've snapped is a great reminder of the blessings in my life...you have many of them, too!