Friday, July 15, 2011

Company Girl Coffee - Taste and See

"Hey Mikey!  He likes it!"  Anyone else remember that commercial for LIFE cereal?  Some things just stick with you over the years.  The point of the commercial was that Mikey was a picky eater, but sure enough, he liked LIFE.

I have five kids.  Very few meals that I serve receive the stamp of approval from all five of them.  When one of my kids doesn't like what's put on the dinner table I simply say "Just taste it and see.  You might like it this time."  They all know that I am not a short order cook, and you get what you get.  I do my best to serve them healthy meals with a wide variety of foods while their little taste buds are still developing.  With children it is often necessary to offer a new food half a dozen times before they approve.

There is one thing though, that every single one of my kids are hungry for every day:

The Word of God. 

They ask for it frequently and I am more than happy to give it to them.  There's nothing I'd rather be doing with them more than reading and discussing the Bible.   I love that they are developing a taste for God's Word early in life, because there is nothing more satisfying.

 "Taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him!" -Psalm 34:8 (NIV)

Have a great weekend!
~Melissa
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! My girls always remind us if we forget to read the Bible before bedtime. =p And praying too.

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

That's great that they love the word of God.

I agree with serving food & the taste & see approach to their food. It's neat to see that the Lord also asks us to taste Him and see, too!

Katharine said...

Awesome! I still have scripture come back to me and I realize it was one that I memorized when I was younger... I love young hungry hearts!
have a grat week!