Thursday, June 2, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 11

"The LORD is righteous in all His ways, and faithful in all He does."  Psalm 145:17 (NIV)

It is hard to define in human terms just how faithful God is.  Some versions of this verse say "kind" in all He does.  The word "faithful" appears countless times in the Bible when describing the character of God.  Here are a few examples from the New Testament: 
  • He is faithful to call us into fellowship with His Son. (1 Cor. 1:9)
  • He is faithful to not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. (1 Cor. 10:13)
  • He is faithful to sanctify us completely. (1 Thess. 5:24)
  • He is faithful to strengthen and protect us. (2 Thess. 3:3)
  • Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. (Hebrews 3:6)
  • He is faithful to His promises. (Hebrews 10:23)
  • He is faithful when we suffer for doing His will. (1 Peter 4:19)
  • He is faithful to forgive our sins. (1 John 1:9)
And let us not forget:
  • He is faithful even if we are not, for  "if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful—for He cannot deny himself." (2 Timothy 2:12-13)
Oh yes, God is faithful.  And I, for one will declair with David in Psalm 36:5 "Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness, to the skies."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am studying Philippians right now, and the blogger leading the study memorized the whole book. I'm not sure if it is every verse, but most of it I think. It is so inspiring to see how putting God's word in our hearts help us grow. I neeed to work on this.

With the packing, I think I'm pretty last minute when we go on trips, just because you don't know if you'll need something that you might have packed away.

This is totally random, but I was wondering how worship practice is done at your church, since you are married to the music guy. =p

Michelle said...

Thank you for the reminder of how many ways our God is faithful! I love the scriptures you listed and can never hear (or sing) the scripture Psalm 36:5 enough! It is a truth that I constantly keep in my heart!
Have a blessed week!~Michelle

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yes, He is indeed faithful. That is the only reason Tommy and I are celebrating 40 years of marriage. Can't imagine surviving life without Him as our faithful ONE. Blessings to you!

Marianne said...

I also love the fact that "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear." 1Cor 10:13.
It is such an assurance of victory for us.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness He is faithful when I am not. So wonderful that we serve such a wonderful God!