Monday, June 20, 2011

Plans Delayed

I should be in my new house by now.  I understand that paperwork doesn't always go through when it's supposed to.  These things happen in Real Estate.  That much I know from when my husband was a Realtor.  Still, that drags our move out for another week, and here I sit with boxes and furniture piled up ready to be moved.  Though we were all disappointed, we weren't about to let this delay ruin our weekend.

Father's Day weekend was full of fun and laughter.  We didn't go anywhere, but just hung out at home, watched the Mariners, played some games, and ate Pizza on Saturday and BBQ on Sunday.  We had company over yesterday for the last time in this house.  They are such good friends and we will miss their family most of all when we move.  They are helping us move though, so they will also be our first company in our new house next weekend! :) 

This week I am planning easy meals and trying to keep life simple.  The older boys are each having over-nighters to say their last goodbyes to their closest friends.  I scheduled BC's annual check up on Wednesday so I can get it out of the way.  Other than that, I will tape up the last of the boxes and hang out with the kids until Saturday finally comes. 

Tomorrow we say goodbye to Spring and bring in Summer.  We're supposed to finally get some warmer weather, so there's lots of outdoor fun to be had!

Next time I post I will probably be in my new home!  Then, the fun of UN-packing begins! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer...sometimes I just don't understand the need for all that paperwork, esp when some of it is the same old stuff you've signed twice already. Anyhow, thanks for answering my question awhile back. You can get back to me whenever you find a moment, but I was also wondering how Sunday mornings go...setting up, sound check?? I just feel like our worship team practices way too much compared to what Norm was used to. We don't have a music person at the moment, so it's just rotating between Norm and 2 others as worship leaders. Anyhow, Norm wanted to do something similar with getting the teams together outside of practices, but no one was really interested. I think that would be a great team-building and helpful in making it more a community rather than a task, etc...

I'm glad you guys will have a little more time with some of your friends before heading off. Take care.