Friday, June 10, 2011

The Birthday Boy

Today is this guy's birthday...
He's very excited to be 8!  I took cupcakes and balloons to his class to celebrate and one by one his classmates all told me how much they like being his friend.  Some told me how much they are going to miss him when we move.  He's just a likable kind of guy.  That's my boy!

He's not having a birthday party this year because he wanted to wait and celebrate with his dad, after we move next weekend.  Isn't that sweet?  He offered to use some of his birthday money to treat the whole family to dinner...how generous!  (I didn't take him up on it, by the way.)  He often tells me what a great mom I am. Thanks, kiddo...I think you're great too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BC! 
WE LOVE YOU!  

4 comments:

Jennibell said...

How cool that classmates would tell a Mom how great it is to be her son's friend. How blessed you are :)
I found myself (randomly) thinking of you the other day. . .wondering if you'd moved yet. Funny thing, this blogland, thinking and praying for people you'll probably never meet, huh? Anyway, looks like you're on your way to another great adventure. I'm sure moving "home" will be an awesome experience for all of you. Hope all is going well with the new business.
Blessings,
Jenni

Anonymous said...

What a sweet kid!! Have a fun time celebrating next week. And hope you have a good week finishing up your packing. Aren't you glad you purged all that stuff awhile back?

Katharine said...

Happy Birthday to your son, and blessings as you move next weekend! I hope it all goes well!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to know your son is well liked by his peers. Good for you!