Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

This Sunday is Mother's Day and there's been a lot of buzz and hype around here from my school kids about the treasures that they are making for my special day.  I cherish these hand-made gifts that they bring home to me, but there is something I cherish even more.  I wonder, do they know that the gift I cherish most is the honor of being their Mother?  Do I tell them often enough how much they mean to me?  Do they know how much joy I find in caring for them, day in and day out?  My love grows deeper for them with each passing day and every moment that we share together.   So Sunday might be Mother's Day, but I am thankful for the blessing of being a Mother every day!

I am also thankful for the blessing that I have been given in my own Mother.  She has always been there for me.  I remember nights that she stayed up with me and cared for me when I was sick, tears that she wiped away when I was sad, and the many times that she told me that she was proud of me.  I admire her for her strength and love her for the sacrifices she made when my sister and I were growing up.  Now that I am full grown, I cherish the relationship that we have, even across the miles.

I haven't even mentioned all the moms that have had an impact in my life and the way that I mother.  I thank God for the seasoned Moms that have answered the tough questions, and given firm, sound advice.  My Mother in Law is one of those Moms, and I have appreciated the many talks I have had with her over the years about mothering.  I am also grateful for the Moms that are walking through the same seasons I am and nod in understanding when I tell them my greatest fears and concerns.  There are the ones who pray for me when I need it, and even when I do not ask. And of course, there are those that I may never meet in person, but encourage me here on a regular basis.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to everyone who has touched this Mother's life!
~Melissa    

 

3 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

I never realized just how much of a blessing my momma was until I became a momma. Now I call her on a regular basis to apologize!

I wish so much I lived closer to her, thank heavens for Skype and face time!

Have an incredible and blessed Mother's Day weekend!

Andrea P. said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm proud to be one of those mom walking through the same seasons. Love you sister!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!