I've known for 4 months now that I will be moving next month. Slowly but surely I've been packing what we don't need and getting rid of what we will never need again. I've taken countless trips to Good Will, and I've thrown away numerous bags of trash. Now that we're down to three weeks, I am anxious to just pack it all up and be done with the moving part.
I'm ready to close the chapter here and turn the page to our new life in another town, another home. But oh, this home has been good to us for almost 7 years now. It's given us room to grow from 3 children to 5. We've been able to open our doors to family members, and help out a friend by letting them live with us. We've had New Year's celebrations with friends and hosted many game nights. There were BBQ's and S'mores in the Summer and snowmen and Hot Cocoa in the Winter. Yes, we have lived well here.
I am looking forward to those things and more in our new location. We are moving to a smaller town, with family only 5 minutes away. We're looking at a quiet, safe neighborhood where I can let my kids ride their bikes without worry. If we are blessed enough to get the home we want, it is even more spacious than the one we live in now, with plenty of room for my children to grow into teens. It will be fun to re-connect with old friends from when we lived their before and meet their children.
There are a lot of uncertainties ahead of us, but this I know: God has facilitated this move, and He is guiding us every step of the way.
"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." -Psalm 48:14
Following His Lead,
~Melissa

2 comments:
Oh, moving, it conjures up all kinds of emotions when I think about it, but I'd love to do it. :o) We've been in our present house for 30 years this July. I think it's time to scale down and move, but Hubby isn't quite there yet, so here we'll stay until further notice.
May things go smoothly for you and may everyone adjust easily. May joy fill the days ahead.
I am so excited for you guys!!!
I am so excited that I almost put exclamation marks at the end of the "word verification" word before publishing my comment. =p
Post a Comment