Today I went and spoke at my church to a group of wonderful ladies about creating sanctuary in our homes. Most of the material that I used was borrowed from what I have learned from Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary. What I realized as I was putting together my notes last night for my talk today is that I have virtually taken everything that I have learned from her about peace, order, and beauty, and adapted it to be my own.
Over the years I have read many books on organization. I've tried lots of different "systems" and developed my own methods by trial and error. What I have arrived at (at least for this season in my life) was not something I came up with over night. I spend time on it every year (at least once a year) evaluating what still works for me, and what needs to be changed.
If you're reading this and you're thinking that it's time to take some steps of your own to work out a reasonable housekeeping schedule, then I would recommend visiting Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary. Don't try to do all the steps in one day. It will just seem overwhelming. Walk through them one step at a time, one day at time. It's worth the initial time investment to arrive at a doable, "real world" housekeeping schedule.
Thanks, Rachel, for all of your inspiration and encouragement!
3 comments:
Great job! I know you blessed the women you spoke to.
I know it went great! I'm excited that you are sharing the wisdom God's given you....I can only take a tiny bit of credit..the rest is all you and Jesus, girl!
I'm glad you were able to pass on the info. I'm sure it will be a blessing to those who were there. The schedule totally saved me this past year...and I updated and made changes to it in December and my new year has been going well with it so far.
Post a Comment