Monday, January 4, 2010

10 at 10 for 2010

I'm not really one to make New Year's Resolutions, so we'll call this one a fun mommy son activity instead. :)

After looking at my schedule and trying to fit in exercise, I decided to take 10 minutes to do some form of Yoga, cardio, or strength training on my Wii Fit Plus three days a week. My youngest son is a big fan of boxing on Wii, so I told him that three days a week we would exercise together. It's a fun way to get some of his energy out while the weather is poor, and in a strange way, it holds me accountable to keep moving.

I'll start with 10 minutes and increase the amount of time I spend from there. Why 10:00am? Because I watch a 1 year old and that's when he goes down for nap. There you have it. 10 minutes at 10:00am to become more fit in 2010.

What do you do to fit exercise into your schedule?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! The wii makes it fun too. I like to start simple too.

Andrea P. said...

Great job, Mel! I know "C" loves doing that with you. Great way to spend special time with him.

Cheryl said...

I love it! I'm back to my Wii Fit this week, too. I am looking into the Active or Plus to have something new.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a Wii Fit, but have really thought about getting one! Do you recommend it? To squeeze workouts in to my busy schedule, I get up at 5:45AM to hit the gym. It stinks to get up so early, but it's great to just be done with it and not feel guilty the rest of the day =o)

Beth Herring said...

Melissa,

That is something I need to work into this year - exercise!

At 47, I realize that I need to start really taking care of myself!

Love to you this new year,
Beth

No Longer 25 said...

That sounds like a manageable plan, variety too which should make it easier to stick to - good luck and remember to enjoy it!
Jade