Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory 12.1.09 "GLORY"

Well, I'm a day late, but better late than never. Yesterday Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary challenged us to pick something in our lives that we needed to "get back on track." My decision was an easy one. Lately, I have been lacking in regular devotion time with the Lord. It's a variety of things that I let stand in my way, really. I got off track on my "read through the Bible in a year" plan a couple of months ago and felt defeated. I wasn't able to fit the Fall Bible Study at Church into my schedule, so that was disappointing. Family, home, holidays...the list goes on and on. In the process of living, I forgot to tap into my Lifeline, Jesus. It's time to remedy that.

This time of year, I get a daily advent devotional in my in-box, in preparation to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. The scripture readings and devotional topics vary, but they all focus on one thing. Jesus Christ, Son of God. Yesterday the topic was "Glory." Here's what the authors had to say about finding glory in Christmas:

For one thing, you find glory throughout the biblical account of what happened at Christmas. Mary gave God glory in response to the news that she would bear the Savior of the world (Luke 1:46). When the angels announced to the shepherds that Jesus had been born, they sang out, "Glory to God in highest heaven" (Luke 2:14). And when the apostle John wrote about Jesus, he said, "And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son" (John 1:14).

Glory. It's just one of the many traits of the Father. And we can see it in His Son, Jesus. That brings me to my memory verse for the first half of December, John 1:14. I like the New Living Translation best.

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.
May you recognize His glory in your life today and always,
~Melissa~

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen! It is so easy to get off track, especially this time of year, which is ironic.
blessings

sanjeet said...

your contains is really good...

Work From Home india