Have you ever woke up with a great song running through your head? I LOVE it when that happens. Then I know it's going to be a really good day! The song playing in the background is the one that was on my heart this morning. I just know that it's because God has really got me thinking about His Glory and how I won't fully know the greatness of it until I see Him in Heaven one day.
In Exodus 33:18 Moses encountered God and said "Now show me your glory." I've been asking God to do the same for me this week in His Word, and here is some of what I've found.
1 Chronicles 29:11
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
Psalm 63:2
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalm 96:8
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
bring an offering and come into his courts.
Luke 2:14
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
These are just a few examples He's shown me.
Hang on to your coffee and scroll down for more about how I got "back on track" this week when God showed me a glimpse of His glory.
8 comments:
I love how you are seeking to focus on what matters most. God's glory is certainly it!
What beautiful encouragement, thanks! I often get "stuck" in a rut when I begin thinking of the attributes of God, these are great scriptures to get me going again!
Lately I've been waking up to "Mommy, are you getting up yet?" haha
Thanks for sharing that. I'm gonna get into the Scriptures now while I have a moment while the girls nap.
One of my scripture memory verses is Exodus 33:18 - I love the fact that Moses asked God to show him His glory!
Oh, He has shown me His glory this week.
God is so good!
I love how you are seeking to focus on what matters most
Work From Home india
Incredible!
Great scriptures to meditate on this time of year -- busyness really erases our focus, doesn't it.
I love when I wake up with a good song in my head too. It really does make it a better day.
I love all those verses. What a wonderfully perfect thing to ask God...Show me your glory Lord! There are so many ways for Him to do that.
Thanks for being such an encouragement! I love to read what the Lord has been laying on your heart!
Have a great week!
LydiaCate
Post a Comment