Friday, September 4, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 8.4.09

Good morning girls! Even though Rachel Anne is having technical difficulties this morning, I thought I'd share a cup of coffee before I head out for the weekend with my family. You see, this weekend is Tent City, at my in-laws. :) It's where my DH's many siblings get together and camp out for the weekend. We're the only ones with children so far, which means lots of attention for my kiddos from their aunts and uncles! It is loads of fun.

Speaking of fun, my mom came out on Monday. We went to see Fiddler on the Roof on Tuesday night. My sister in law joined us. It was so good! It is the last tour for Topal, who played the father in the movie as well. We missed the first song (because guess who forgot the tickets). Even so, I enjoyed myself immensely. It was such an incredible performance! Thanks mom!

Kids are back in school and trying to settle into a routine. It always takes a while before we are used to the school schedule. I am still debating if I want to have my kids ride the bus home this year. I really enjoy picking them up at school. I love chatting with them on the way home about the day's events. My problem is that I still have two kids at home and I've been having to wake them up from nap on occasion to get there on time. I don't like the thought of the kids riding the bus home, (they had to do it all last year and bus life is INSANE) but I also don't like having to wake up my little ones either. What do you think?

Starting soon they will at least have to ride the bus twice a week. I got a babysitting job watching a cute 10 month old. :) He is adorable. It is two days full time and one half day. I met with his mom this week and it turns out that her husband played softball with my husband at our church a couple years back. God is so good. I got the job because my hairstylist gave my number to her friend, and it turns out we already know the couple! Small world, big God.

Well, I better tend to last minute packing and get my kiddos some breakfast. Have a great weekend all!
~Melissa~

11 comments:

samantha said...

I wish I could've seen Fiddler on the Roof. Thanks for sharing the photo. I'd like to suggest that since the kids are going to have to ride the bus twice a week anyway, that they ride it regularly, so they can get comfortable with it, you don't have to change your morning schedule twice a week, and so there won't be any confusion for the kids. If your kids are grumpy or still tired when you wake them from their nap, then mabey you could start lunch early, and put them down for a nap earlier. If they don't get grumpy, or not still tired, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Congrats on your babysitting job:) Have fun at your in-laws!

Diane said...

If the kids ride the bus full-time, is there time when they get home to have a fifteen minute "catch up on the day" session? Maybe a treat, if it won't spoil dinner, and a spirited recounting of the best (and worst, if need be) things about the day-from everyone, including you!

Cari Kaufman said...

"Traditionnnnnn...Tradition~!" love Fiddler on the Roof...Sad that Topal will no longer be touring...

Congrats on your new job...how cool is it that you can share your love with another munchkin too!?

Have a great weekend in Tent City...that sounds like great fun!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with Tent City. Melody was first on both sides of the family so she got tons of attention.

That's what I'm worried about, and why we're not enrolling Melody in preschool this year because I hate waking up sleeping babies/kids. And there's no bus for preschool, so I would have to go pick her up. Right now we go to the station to pick Norm up from work and that's the best time talking about our day, which continues on at the dinner table.

Have fun with the 10mo! It definitely is a small world.

Have a lovely weekend Melissa.

Tracy DeLuca said...

I would suggest that they ride the bus but when you can pick them up, just call the school and tell them you are picking them up! That way, you never have to wake babies up from naps, but you can pick them up on days when it will work out for you! I hope you have fun camping!

Rachel Anne said...

Fiddler on the roof sounds great! I would love to see a wonderful musical...

We are still settling into a new schedule ourselves, mainly that we have to get to bed at a decent time so we can wake up on time!

What a cool idea to do a Tent City! Have fun.

secondofwett said...

Oh I remember those days well of hating to wake up a sleeping baby to go and get one of the other kids....you do feel torn...Hope you have a wonderful wknd camping!

Unknown said...

I love Fiddler on the Roof! I know you must have enjoyed that!

I hope you have a great time camping. What fun for the whole fam. We love camping but haven't started back at it since our youngest is 20 months. I hope we will start back to it soon.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

That is a hard one, to bus or not to bus. Sorry I have no insight to that one. Have a great weekend!

Andrea P. said...

If I had a van, I would volunteer to help shuttle kids....one of these days!

covina said...

I am glad you had a good time with your mom and sister in law.

Hey, as far as picking the kids up after school...do it once a week like on Fridays. They get home sooner and you can have that special drive you like so much. It also sets a rutine for the kids, something for all of you to look forward to.