I am keeping with the theme of 10 Things Tuesday this week, and making my own "Yet I" list. Sometimes circumstances can really get me down, but it really helps to find the positive in every situation.
- Our used car that we bought for cash not too long ago has decided to stop working YET I am thankful that we have gracious friends that let us use their vehicle this week until we figure out what we need to do to fix it.
- All of my kids have runny noses YET I am thankful for Kleenex and that their colds aren't something worse.
- We are down to our last $2 in our bank account until my husband gets paid YET I am thankful that he has a new job that is providing for us.
- I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of time and energy it takes to keep this household running, YET I am thankful for the roof over our heads and all of the family members that live under it.
- I am really going to miss the women at LCN (our old church) YET I am thankful for the friendships that have been made there and thankful for the opportunity to cultivate new friendships at our current church.
- I wish that I had more time to read, keep up this blog, and other things I love to do, YET I am thankful when I do get the opportunity to enjoy my favorite things.
- I would like to get together with friends on a more regular basis YET I cherish and am thankful for the times I do get to gather with friends over a cup of coffee or lunch.
- I miss my extended family YET I am thankful that they are willing to drive over the mountains to come and visit me and I get to see them this weekend.
- It seems like I will never be done with my diaper changing days, YET I am thankful that I have made it through potty training four times and will start training my last child within a year.
- It is getting crispy cold outside, YET I am thankful for evenings spent by a warm fireplace with a hot cup of cocoa or cider, and family story time. : )
What a joy to remember that there is always something to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment