The other day I visited one of my favorite blogs to read, Simply My Thoughts. She had a post on September 29th that really hit home with me. As a mom of 5 children, ages 7 and under, I sometimes struggle to keep up with the whirlwind of little voices and bodies all around me. It can be very overwhelming to try and keep up with who has P.E. on what day, who is supposed to read 15 minutes a day vs. 20, and what folder/papers I've already signed to be returned to school. And of course, there's the two youngest kids who aren't in school yet, but need my attention just the same. I often feel like I need an interpreter, just to keep up when they all speak at once!
Like my friend over at Simply My Thoughts, (You can go there to read a really good interview about living life on purpose.) I sometimes find myself living moment to moment. As moms, that may be the ONLY thing we can do at times. It's easy to get caught up in the "to dos" of the day, and forget to live the "to love" part of our lives. I'm working on ways to make routine a little easier around here (more on that later) but I just wanted to take a minute and stop to reflect on what really matters in this life. To Love. Everything else will eventually fall into place.
One last thing. If you were reading this and tuning out the song, please take time to go back and listen to the words. It's Steven Curtis Chapman's "One Heartbeat at a Time." He wrote it for his wife, but when I listen to it, it speaks to my own heart as a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment