I've mentioned before that I am a faithful company girl. There is seldom a "small thing" that I miss. I am so grateful that someone as wonderful as Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary (see sidebar) is faithful enough to come up with so many great ideas for us company girls. : ) Well, she's come up with yet another great idea, and it's called "Company Girl Coffee." She's encouraged us to visit one another's blogs by hooking us up through Mr. Linky. So here's my story for the week.The small thing today was "Don't be Silly?" The task was to lighten up, and be silly in some way or another. Me, a 34yr old mom of 5 kids, be silly? No Way. (JK) Actually, I'm pretty silly with my kids most of the time, but I can also get to where I'm taking life way too seriously. Like yesterday (see previous post). So today's small thing was perfect timing.
I tried to keep it pretty light all day long, but there was one particular moment this morning where I had the kids all rolling with laughter. BC(5) came to me this morning as I was standing at the counter making breakfast. He said "Mommy, can you make me a banana on a plate please?" Before he knew it, I was sweeping him up off of the floor and placing him on the kitchen counter on his plate. "Ok, You're a banana!" Roars of laughter filled the kitchen and it took us about five minutes to recover. I'm really surprised their dad didn't wake up to see what all the commotion was! : )
So there's my Company Girl moment of the day. There's nothing better than hearing the giggles of my five little blessings. I hope that it can make someone else laugh too. Laughter is one thing this company girl welcomes in her home.
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.'" Psalm 126:2
4 comments:
Your verse really got me at the end, there. I just love this moment that you shared because I could just imagine the giggles from being turned into a banana on a plate! Such silliness, you should be proud! :)
Thanks for doing the meme...this is VERY FUN for me to get around to visit. Your blog is always uplifting and positive (even on the hard days...) and your heart always shines through.
Too precious. I love that - kids are so literal, why can't we be, too? Thanks for sharing that one!
Love,
Katherine
Too cute! I love how you can take something that a child says literally and they instantly get the joke. You house must be filled with love and laughter.
Your five little blessings are very cute! That is a great story ~ undoubtedly one that he will remember for years to come!
Post a Comment